Time to empty the WordPress guilt closet.
I’ve been putting off my official acceptance post for a couple of awards that came down the pike in the last week or so.
First, my music-loving friend peacelovegreatcountrymusic nominated me for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award. This blog is full of good tips about what you should listen to and why, and more, too. Go ahead, click the link and find out for yourself.
I received this award last year, but there’s a new badge involved. And even after a year of WordPressing, I still am new-badge-hungry.
And here is that badge.
A couple days later, Jolene, the mind behind the quite excellent blog Valley Girl Gone Country, nominated me for the Liebster Award. I dare you to click on her link above and not find something interesting from her mind.
I especially like the rule-breaking spirit here. The Liebster is supposed to go out to bloggers with less than 200 followers. Jolene has more than that. So do I. Too bad!
Here’s the badge.
OK, here comes the fun part. And busy part. And really hard part.
The rules for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award are:
1. Display the award on your blog.
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
3. Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
4. Link your winners in the post and let them know of their being awarded.
5. Present seven interesting things about yourself.
So, let me think …
Seven interesting things about myself:
1. I’m really happy that I was able to discover the term Beddian Birthday while researching what it might be called for those of us born in 1957 turning 57 years old this year.
2. I just posted a tale about the many nicknames I’ve accumulated over my life. I forgot to mention that I gave our dog, Ellie B, her own nickname: Dogamous Pyle.
3. I do not like to eat fish of any sort except for tuna from a can mixed with mayo and between bread slices.
4. I do like to eat lobster and shrimp, so I guess shellfish are OK, too. But not crab.
5. I think I’m accepting too many WordPress Awards because I’m running out of interesting details about myself.
6. My father was a drummer but I only learned how to play the stereo.
7. When I was a kid, I used to run two houses down to the neighbor’s when I got off the school bus so I could grab the afternoon newspaper and read it before my friend even started his Newsday route.
I present the Dragon’s Loyalty Award to the bloggers below. Check them out. Some are new to my award parade.
From my daily go-to gang, who post virtually every single day. That shows a loyalty to this craft that just about fogs my reading glasses:
Now, on to the Liebster Award.
I must answer 11 questions posed by Jolene, state 11 interesting facts about myself, nominate 11 bloggers and come up with 11 new questions for the folks that I nominate.
Answering Jolene’s 11 questions:
Here you go, Valley Girl Gone Country.
1. Describe your blog in five words.
Genuine. Relatable. Funny. Serious. Diverse.
2. What inspired you to start blogging?
I got laid off from my newspaper job of just shy of 30 years and I still carried my writing jones big time.
3. Do you ever want to throw your hands up in the air and stop blogging?
No. Sometimes I want to kick my feet and pause blogging, though.
4. Are you currently in love and with what or who?
Yes, I am in love with my dear wife Karen.
5. How many times have you been in love?
6. Do you identify with carnivore, vegetarian …
I can stop Jolene’s list of eating habits right there. Carnivore. Give. Me. Meat.
7. Does internal health or external beauty influence your eating choices more, or if you don’t ever choose healthy, tell us why.
I have diabetes and that always influences my food choices.
8. When you get two spare hours, do you chill or play?
Both. Depends upon the day.
9. What is your favorite activity. Go ahead and say what you want.
Dodging questions like this.
10. Sexting, yay or nay.
11. One wish is granted you. What do you wish for?
Ten more wishes granted to me.
Eleven random facts about me:
1. I have brown eyes.
2. I have dirty blonde, brown and gray hair.
3. I used to have a lot more of the dirty blonde and brown hair.
4. I used to have a lot more hair.
5. I was born in 1957 and turn 57 this year.
6. My daughter turns 24 next month.
7. I will not tell you my dear wife Karen’s age except to say she is younger than me. She didn’t tell me not to, but I think I know not to.
8. I have two younger sisters.
9. I write two blogs about films weekly at syracusenewtimes.com.
10. I write one blog about my community weekly at waer.org.
11. I write at least one blog daily on markbialczak.com.
I nominate these bloggers for the Liebster Award. I have no idea how many followers they have and, frankly, hope they number in the millions. I will not repeat any from my Dragon’s Loyalty list above.
My list of 11 questions for my nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is the favorite blog post you’ve ever written or photographed, and why?
3. What is the last thing you read not online?
4. What is the last online item you read not on WordPress?
5. What did you eat for dinner last night?
6. You are banished to an island for one month. You can bring three items. They are?
7. You can bring two people, one of each gender. They are?
8. What was the favorite car you ever owned, and why?
9. What is the last band you’ve seen playing live?
10. Intimate bar show with local band or huge stadium concert with chart-topper. Which do you prefer?
11. Great taste or less filling?