This is my 300th post on markbialczak.com.
Well, WordPress, of course, as you all know from the number the WP robo-crew pops up there to celebrate each and every post you make.
And, quite by serendipity, this landmark post has an award attached. Fresh back from holiday in his native London, the effusive Don Charisma devoted a post today to the fact that he’s received the Dragon’s Loyalty Award from five bloggers.
I missed your posts last week, Don. Glad you’re back. And thank you very much, Mr. Charisma, for the nomination and the chance to display the very cool badge below.
It’s been an eventful 11 months of posting here. I’ve enjoyed equally the joys of sharing my views with the world and reading what the world has to say. This WordPress community invites plenty of thought.
Onto the rules:
Section 1: Directions for you to accept the Dragon’s Loyalty Award.
1. Display to Award on your blog.
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who awarded you.
3. Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
4. Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded.
5. Write seven interesting things about yourself.
Section 2: Seven interesting things about me.
1. I drive a light blue Chevy Cruze, circa 2011.
2. I love the fact that I just passed the 18,000-mile mark on my 2 1/2 year-old vehicle.
3. I do not like to drive in the snow.
4. I really do not like to drive at night in the blowing snow. Can’t see! (See items 6 and 7 below.)
5. I live in Syracuse, N.Y., where it snows a whole lot.
6. One time when I was driving home from reviewing a night concert — country star Tim McGraw at the Turning Stone Resort and Casino Event Center, to be exact — it took me 2 hours to drive the 30 miles home because of the blowing snow.
7. Another time it took me 11 hours to drive the 280 miles from my sister’s house on Long Island to Syracuse after a trip with my dear wife Karen because of a snow storm that stretched from the Delaware Water Gap in northern New Jersey, through the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, and up Route 81 to Syracuse. We left at 11 p.m. to beat the snow! Not.
Section 3: I’m awarding this Dragon’s Loyalty Award to, after shuffling the deck for a random order, and deciding to go with 16 instead of 15 …
If you haven’t checked in on these blogs, I prod you to read the work of these people. They’ve all got something to say in their own particular way.
Section 5: Display the badge
I took care of this one above.