When you’re sitting out a Syracuse winter and somebody nominates you for the Sunshine Award, well, you may get hit with a warm and fuzzy feeling.
I’d like to thank Don Charisma for taking time from his careful planning for this weekend’s round of Impro on his great and busy blog, DonCharisma.org to include me on his list of award nominations.
Here’s the great-looking badge.
Section 1: Directions for you to accept the award
To accept the award, the awardee must do the following:
1. Display the award on your blog.
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
3. Present 10 deserving bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
4. Link to the awardees and let them know of the nomination.
5. List 10 interesting things about yourself.
Section 2: 10 interesting things about myself:
1. I used to review concerts.
2. Now I review movies.
3. I used to write columns about sports.
4. Now I write columns about life, including sports.
5. I love taking pictures with my iPhone.
6. I type on a bluetooth keyboard connected to my iPad Air.
7. I live in the snowbelt, in a city neighborhood house in Syracuse, N.Y.
8. My dear wife Karen and I dream about someday retiring to a little place in Hawaii.
9. I am going to play virtual golf indoors next week, using real clubs to hit real balls into a screen connected to a computer.
10. As soon as it’s green and warm enough, I will go back to playing outdoor golf.
Section 3: My choices
Here are 10 blogs that I believe to be creative and inspiring. I list them in no particular order. I implore you to check them out.
Thank you all, and may you enjoy passing along the sunshine.
19 thoughts on “Passing along the Sunshine Award”
Congratulations to the man who carries Sunshine with him wherever he goes. 😉
The sun now officially shines out of every part of me!! Yay, and thanks mb.
Shine that light, Denmother. You are very welcome!
Thank you Mark! I love me some sunshine. 🙂
thanks so much mark, and i really, really need a bit of sunshine. congrats on your award and thanks for passing it on to me. i love this group of bloggers, and feel like i’m part of a big, happy, crazy family )
I think we are indeed a family in all of those ways you described, Beth!
congratulations Mark. You are quicker than I at thinking of 10 important things about yourself. I’m a pages fan myself. I find it so much better than word to use.
You are pretty awesome shiny!!! Congratulations! Thanks for the shout out! And the list of other bloggers to check in to (I am familiar with quite a few of them). I’m very honored Mark, thank you!
You are so welcome, Colleen. This is much fun!
Wait… you type everything on your iPad air? What program do you use? I have a keyboard for my iPad but I still feel like I get annoyed at how everything comes out. Maybe I need to be dragged kicking and screaming into this new portable age….
Oh, and congrats! You are definitely sun-shiney 😀 And thanks for passing it on my way! Your list of bloggers are all awesome, I’m glad to be there amongst that bunch!
I got the iPad Air for Christmas, updating from the iPad 2. So I also had to get the new Ultra Thin keyboard from Logitech. I love it. Full size keys. I bought the Pages app for 10 bucks, and write on that, copy and paste onto WordPress platform. And … you’re welcome, Aussa.
Let the sunshine….let the sunshine in! Congrats to you and thanks for passing on the love, my friend!
Love the lyric quote from the age of Aquarius, my friend!
One of my fave songs!
Mark, you SO deserve a little Sunshine!! Congrats, Bestie!!!
Yes, up in Syracuse, it is a dark and wintry existence … Thanks, Bestie! Have a good weekend in Jersey.
Thank you Mark….. card/cake from my co-workers and a sunshine award in one day, what a way to start my birthday weekend ! ~ thank you again!
Happy 39 Jolene! Party like you’re 38, my friend!
Hahaha….i will, i’ll stay up till 10:30 and party like a rock star !!