I send many thanks way, way south to my friend Irene A Waters. The writer and memoirist behind the interesting blog that originates from Australia, Reflections and Nightmares, has nominated me for The Lighthouse Award.
Please give the link above a click to read her work about Trog and Animals, as well as admire her many striking photographs.
The award is bestowed to “a blog that brings light to a dark world.” So how cool it is to add a badge like this to my About the Blogger and Awards Page.
Here are the rules and guidelines attached to The Lighthouse Award:
1. Display the award certificate on your blog.
2. Write a post and link back to the blogger that nominated you.
3. Inform your nominees of their award nomination.
4. Share three ways that you like to help other people.
5. There is no limit to the amount of people you can nominate.
6. Have fun!
Three ways I like to help people:
1. I listen well when people need to talk about important matters.
2. I volunteer to speak at workshops for younger generations.
3. I offer constructive criticism when asked to judge others’ creative art.
My nominees for The Lighthouse Award:
These are blogs that work hard to make sense of the human condition with humor, wisdom and oftentimes both:
This is a formidable list of bloggers who make me smile and think.