I got the WordPress tap on the shoulder for the third day in a row last night when fellow CNY Blogger Chris Malone nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Yes, that’s the very same award I had been nominated for the very day before. And, further, Mr. Malone’s blog The Infinite Abyss(es) was one of the 15 offerings I chose to nominate on my required list.
Chris Malone is a man of many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many words. His blog entries are not of the short form variety. He writes in a stream-of-consciousness style, speaking his mind on life. Oh, and he likes to post song videos, too, further sharing his tastes that way.
So. Here I am. Again. There oughta be a law, I could say. No back-and-forth nominations, I could propose. That would be rather sour of me. Instead, I will say thank you very much for another honor. I am touched.
The rules for this award can be found at http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/vba-rules/.
I am asked to nominate 15 deserving bloggers. I will not repeat any of my 15 from yesterday, nor the list of five I gave two days ago for the Blog of the Year 2013 Award. I hope this gives them one more thing to savor for Thanksgiving.
I am also asked to reveal seven things about myself. Here goes (Again, no repeats):
1. I am an avid sports fan.
2. My favorite professional sports team is the New York Mets. It’s practically a lifelong thing. The franchise was born when I was 4 years old. I also root for the Jets, Islanders and Nets. Oh, yeah, the New York football Giants, too.
3. I was born in New York City and grew up on Long Island.
4. My favorite college sports teams represent the University of Maryland. That’s my alma mater.
5. My other favorite college sports teams represent Syracuse University.
6. I have lived in the Syracuse, N.Y., area for 30 years. Somehow I have managed to hang onto some of my New Yawk City/Lawn Guyland accent nevertheless.
7. I try to walk for between a half hour and an hour every single day. It makes me feel more serene, and it’s the time that I come up with some of my best writing ideas.